Neck pain, although felt in the neck, can be caused by numerous other spinal problems. Neck pain may arise due to muscular tightness in both the neck and upper back, or pinching of the nerves emanating from the cervical vertebrae. Joint disruption in the neck creates pain, as does joint disruption in the upper back.
- All pain seems sharp, but pain can also be described as dull, burning, crampy, shocklike, or stabbing.
- Stiff neck or limited range of motion.
- Weakness in the neck. This can be due to severe pain from muscle or bone movement.
- Numbness manifested as a burning or tingling sensation, a loss of sensation.
- Trobbing or constant headaches.
Back and Neck pain can have many causes and the most import first step is to do a thorough assessment and orthopaedic testing. Objective testing allows your body to let us know what is wrong, and through a process called differential diagnosis. Some reasons for back or neck pain can be subluxed rib, herniated disc, facet syndrome, degenerative disc disease or spinal stenosis. Chiropractic would be the first line of treatment for these types of injuries, supplemented with soft tissue work and reconditioning of the muscles. Therapists at Evolution Sport Therapy focus on a whole body approach and will address structure as well as the function of the injured area.Book Your Appointment Today